Christmas

Monday, December 21, 2015

Mmmmmerry Christmas!!
With the weather  a tad warmer something about this holiday I don't know about you, but I've been feeling a bit un-Christmasy.

Here are a few things that I've been up to this month to bring back the spirit of the holiday season


A long running tradition in my family is sugar cookies. They're the best!! It's a family recipe we've had for as long as I can remember and every year we bake them over the holiday. Jake and I decided to keep the tradition running, so we baked some in our new apartment. 
It was the best way to break in the kitchen :)





Honestly, the hardest part is not licking your fingers while frosting. 


The Sunday before Christmas we have always celebrated with the Williams side of my family! It's been a few years since Jake and I have been able to make it since we have been in Illinois but now that we are in Michigan, it was nice to celebrate with everyone again!



My grandma Judy has a knack for hosting!! And she always has the best decorations. 


Among her many talents, she's a practiced doll maker. She has porcelain hand-crafted dolls all through her house. And this year she decided to do something special for all the moms in our family. 


She made Santa's for all the women in our family, each with a special story!! This Santa in particular is my mom's Santa Claus. 




His camouflage coat is old camo from my grandpa. The belt and shirt are from my other grandparents in the family. Along with an un-pictured toy sack full of little trinkets from other members in my moms life. It was such a cute idea!

Hope you are all enjoying the time before Christmas this year! It comes up so fast!! 
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas from us here Michigan. 

*What traditions have you been up to, to help get you in the Christmas spirit?














1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top