Simply Sunday

Sunday, August 2, 2015
Hey! It's me again!

It's been too long friends. And for that I apologize. BUT I've been on this mission to enjoy life around me and it's been great. 

However, these past few days have also left me feeling a little lost. Like I haven't had much to say. And I'm never one for talking when I don't have anything to talk about. 

So a little update on life as of late:

I've been so distracted by my next move in recovery, that I haven't had room in my head for any other thoughts. And I understand that my #1 goal is my health and wellness. But it's consuming me. I want so much out of this that I keep just searching and searching for my next step. What can I do next? Where should I set my next goal? What am I having for dinner. OK, now I had dinner, what am I having for breakfast tomorrow?

It just goes on and on and on!!

So, this week my goal is just to be in the moment. Really and truly just take it day by day, maybe even meal by meal. But striving to just set a goal, and then have that be what I work toward. Stopping this cycle of the constant nagging "what's next" in my head. 

I had an amazing reminder of this during the week when I got to celebrate my brother's birthday. 

We were reunited with Cedar Point and it was AMAZING. 




I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Our weather rocked

We conquered rides 

Just enjoyed being kids

And it was awesome. 

We ended our adventure at Buffalo Wild Wings for a post-coaster refuel
It was just a blast. 



Of course ED was still with me, in the back burner of my head. But for the day, it was nice to be reminded what freedom can feel like. What normal could feel like. 

And I'm ready. 

So today, I'm living into the relaxation of Sunday. 
Heading to church and grandma's for lunch. 

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I miss Cedar Point!!! That looked like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jake and I hadn't been in 2 years. It was a blast. The new ride Gatekeeper was SO fun!

      Delete
  2. Just thinking about you and saying a prayer, just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top