Most of those who know me, know that I have a small affinity for coffee.
Ok.
So maybe it’s not so small,
I’m pretty sure coffee is my spirit animal. Nonetheless!
It’s safe to say that it’s a universal truth of myself that I am partial to my caffeinated friend.
As you could imagine then,
when I got the call that I was officially a Starbucks barista, I was over the moon.
Working at Starbucks has literally been my dream job ever since I have lived within walking distance to this little oasis my freshman year of college.
I couldn’t have asked for a more pleasant work experience as I entered my training and later moved into the regular rhythm of barista/ customer life. My co-workers were amazing, the customers were always great and building drinks brought me more joy than it probably should have! But. It was all so great. I loved every minute of it. Even in the days I didn’t really think I would, I did.
So as Jake transitioned to Michigan, I began the transfer process to the nearest Starbucks to my hometown. The manager was so friendly, and every barista I met before starting was just as great as my co-workers had been before.
Anticipation was building inside as the week drew nearer for me to begin at this new location.
But as excited as I was, there was something causing such hesitation with stepping into this new (but familiar) job.
We came to Michigan for me to focus.
Focus on my plan,
my health,
nutrition,
routine.
All of these pieces to recovery play such an important role in my life, and they all deserve equal amounts of my attention. Getting into my own rhythm here is something that has been a huge help in establishing proper nutrition and giving me the ability to focus on the areas of my recovery that need my attention. But right now, it’s still rocky in my journey when something throws off this rhythm of routine. It’s a huge area of instability still, so when something hinders my routine, it’s a HUGE temptation to let that derail everything I’m working so hard for.
And that hesitation in the back of my mind was me not wanting to admit that my dream job would throw off this new routine and potentially everything else I am working so hard to achieve.
So as it grew closer for me to step back into that green apron, I knew it was time for me to decide what was best for me.
And what was best, was to take time away from this crazy amazing job that I am so ready to sign back up for.
To acknowledge that I am blessed with this time to be surrounded by family, a super supportive husband, and this time I’ve been given to work on getting to where I need to be.
Now, I could see how some would rejoice in the decision to just take a mental hiatus from life and just be a little selfish, but it hasn’t sat well with me.
At least not until I received comfort in my heart that this truly is where I am suppose to be in my life.
Not long after my decision to step out of work, Jake received his promotion with his job!! I couldn’t be prouder of this kid!!!
He’s great.
And God’s timing is wonderful.
As much as I would love to be back in my apron building pumpkin spice latte’s, right now I’m affirmed in this choice to focus.
So that’s where I’m at in a nutshell. Blessed with time. Thank you so much for keeping up with me. And I apologize for the small absence :)
Favorite caffeinated beverage?
What’s the most productive thing you’ve done with unlimited amounts of time?
What else should I feature on my blog?? Any thoughts?




Glad to hear you are doing well!!!!
ReplyDeleteLets see favorite caffeinated beverage...I have a diet coke affliction :-(.
Productive thing- I guess cleaning and projects around the home!!
And don't feel bad about taking time off...focus on your recovery. Much more important that work and the best thing you can do for you and your family!
Teresa