So, lately my posts have been very introspective and mostly me just letting all the thoughts in my head flow out of my fingers. Which isn’t the worst,
BUT!
There is so much more happening in my world outside of recovery. And I think while I’m in the midst of this whole process, it’s important to remember the joy that pops up in everyday life.
I feel like the fourth of July brings out this big expectation of family parties, cook-outs, parades and fireworks, while that’s all good and well, I was super thankful that the fourth brought me a time to pause.
I got to just take a break
and breathe.
I’m so glad my mom in still in town, and while she’s here we’ve been enjoying all the local things to do in town!
A big part of any weekend routine involves a Starbucks pitstop. Being a barista has it's perks! After much trial and error, I've found my perfect drink.
After a fuel,
we found AMAZING raspberry jam at the farmers market in town,
a quick bargain at Barnes and Noble to encourage my writing habits,
and a relaxing end to the afternoon with lunch on the patio.
But most of all, spending my time with the people I love so much this fourth of July weekend was something I was so thankful for.
Family is one of the most relaxing places to be for me. I love these folks!!
Wishing you all an amazing week :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment