I'm hoping to use Friday's as my "Finding Fridays". Making a point to carve out this day to find the joy in the day, week, or maybe something small that happened 10 minutes ago!!
So tonight, I wanted to share with you where my joy came from this week
“Be gentle with yourself, you’re doing the best you can.”
This kind reminder came not only in the words I found this afternoon, but also this morning in a conversation with a friend when I was reminded to be patient.
So, let me back up just a couple of days. Things have kind of been piling up in some kind of internal warfare this week. Lately it has really been hitting home with how much ED puts such a dissonance in my head. Because there is ME, the me who wants to just be healthy and fit, the me who wants to make my family proud by finding success in recovery, the me who wants my relationships just to breathe with a sigh of relief because this is all over.
But then there is the other voice. The voice that in the midst of every health scare brings me back to my mirror, makes me stress, makes me worry.
I want nothing more than for this voice to be gone!!
It’s frustrating!
Because ME knows how free my life could be and it’s all I want.
But here we are.
And here is where I found my joy and comfort this week, in the words of my friend, reminding me to “just be patient”
Patient with myself
Patient with where I am at in recovery
Patient with those involved who only want to help
Patient with this process that takes SO much time.
The Lord continues time and again to be gracious to us that I think I often forget he’s given me that gift. I’m thankful for the kind reminder to just be patient. To sit with where I am in my journey and to not get caught up in the comparison of my journey with others :)
Sorry it's a small post tonight, but the holiday calls for family time!
Happy 4th Friends!
-How are you celebrating?
-How have you seen God’s grace this week?


0 comments:
Post a Comment