So, I don't know
Writing feels off this week
I suppose maybe I don't even know what I’m trying to express
like, really,
Let me preface all of this by saying
I am okay
This isn’t a fall into the dark side
A step backwards
I love my life
And I’m thankful for my support
Because I feel like I have amazing support around me, I like using this space as my way of just taking time to get things off my chest.
This is an honest look at the aftermath
The aftermath of a lifelong struggle
And a particularly hard month
Where life has just been frustrating
I spend all this time and effort on getting healthy
And for what?
Digestive issues
Skin problems
increasing arthritis
Sometimes things felt better when I was anorexic
And I know that’s not true
But it feels that way
Things always seem easy when you choose not to look at the problem
Which is exactly what I use to do
I am just starting to feel trapped because I can’t even live into the lifestyle that I want to
Things always seem easy when you choose not to look at the problem
Which is exactly what I use to do
I am just starting to feel trapped because I can’t even live into the lifestyle that I want to
I KNOW what I want to fuel my body with
I do in-fact have lifestyle goals
But with all these problems-
I can’t eat literally any of the things I want to
Look
See for yourself:
So then what happens
I prep and prep and prep
And I still eat the crap
Reach for the candy
Eat all the junk food
Even after i make the choices I want
It’s like there is no shut off button to the subconscious that compels me to just keep eating
But I don’t make the healthy choices I want
Because I can’t
Literally entire food groups are off limits right now so my body can heal
Why then does my body digest all the horrible food just fine?
More than anything
My head is just tired of trying to figure all this out
Like,
Just
So
Tired.
I feel as if I’m stuck on this wheel of resisting temptation of just giving in and letting the demons win, striving to make the healthy choices but constantly feeling like I can’t stop just eating anything and everything while all the while wishing I was the picture of health instagram vegan princess.
Really
It’s been just a very prevalent battle of balance
Over the last year
And especially in this last month
It’s just starting to feel like there is some subconsciousness holding me back from actually living a healthy balanced lifestyle
This maybe isn’t the best snapshot into my life post eating disorder
But I feel like these are the moments to highlight
The times where it all just isn’t ok after you’re on the other side
When you still spend hours online searching for the calories in a crepe
When you squirm in your massage because you didn’t work out that morning and you worry about her hands pulling on your skin
When you’re laying on a bed in pain instead of enjoying the 4th of July downstairs
When all your heart is after is to just eat good food and your body won’t let you
Or when you eat all the food and lay awake at night wishing you had a better sense of self control.
And I don’t say all this to get pity points
Or to have you feel bad for me
I really just needed on paper and out of my head
And to be honest
I love taking to this platform just to get out of my head, so thank you if you're still here and reading along. I'll dive deeper next week on my physical symptoms, naturopathic medicine and the role this has all played in my life over the past year!





0 comments:
Post a Comment